Our Story

Welcome to our blog! Here's the quick and dirty about us:

Chad and I met on our first day of college at Utah State University. We started studying together, since we were in the same math class and lived in the same apartment building. But, those late-night study sessions quickly turned into excuses to hang out together. And that's how our story began. After two years of dating, we tied the knot on August 17, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah.

We currently live in Tucson, Arizona. We moved here after living in South Florida for five years, where Chad graduated from medical school and completed his internship year of residency. He is now working for the University of Arizona completing a three-year anesthesiology residency. I was fortunate enough to keep my job from Florida and now work remotely from home. I am the manager of advertising and communications for the business school at Nova Southeastern University.

And--most importantly--Chad and I are thrilled to be parents! Our little angel Reece was born on Jan. 26, 2010 and our handsome little Jace was born on June 30, 2011. We are so blessed to be the mom and dad of such darling and sweet kids.







Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jace is 4 months old

Jace turned 4 months old on Oct. 30th. Here are a few fun facts about our hunky, chunky boy!


  • Jace is HAPPY! He hardly ever cries, and he smiles all the time (despite the photos below, where he isn't smiling at all!)

  • Jace gets giddy and giggly at night time. It's so fun to tickle him and make him chuckle with his little hearty laugh. Sometimes he even gives a little squeal of joy. So cute!

  • Jace is officially chubby! He weighs just under 17 pounds, and is the 96% for height. I love his chubby cheeks, all of his legs rolls, and especially his little butt dimples! (Wish they were as cute on me as they are on him...haha!)

  • Jace is eating rice cereal now...or is it eating him?? (Take a look at the photos below and you decide!)

  • Jace is sleeping through the night (most of the time). YAY!!! One day he went all the way until 7:30 am!

  • Jace can roll over! Unlike Reece, who started by rolling from tummy to back, Jace rolls from his back to his tummy.

  • Jace is a mellow, easy-going boy. He goes along wherever we drag him without any fuss...car rides, stroller rides, trips to the gym, shopping, etc.

  • Jace adores his big sister! She gives him lots of hugs and kisses, and every time she comes around he gets a big smile. They are already good friends (let's hope it stays that way!)

  • We love our little guy, and can't imagine our family without him!


I was laughing at my kiddos the other day when we got home from a jog up the canyon...Reece had crashed and Jace was wide-eyed and hanging out (it's usually the other way around...Jace loves to snooze during our stroller rides and Reece is usually begging to get out)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the chubs!

Teryn said...

Oh my goodness! where have I been? I love all your updates! I've been meaning to CALL you over the last month to tell you I'm sorry I missed your birthday this year! I left on our cross country trip to my brothers wedding and to see Russ' family a day or 2 before your birthday and once I got through that first day of flying my brain was MUSH! haha.. Then coming home.. oh my word.. worst experience ever! ha. Anyway, I'm glad you had a great birthday! 30? Really? are we really entering our 30's?? we just get better with age, right? Your Family pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL! I love how "boy" Jace looks! Love the halloween theme you guys rocked! so cute! Reece is the cutest cow! love it! I miss you guys! Thanks for all the updates! :) hugs from Florida!!!!