Our Story

Welcome to our blog! Here's the quick and dirty about us:

Chad and I met on our first day of college at Utah State University. We started studying together, since we were in the same math class and lived in the same apartment building. But, those late-night study sessions quickly turned into excuses to hang out together. And that's how our story began. After two years of dating, we tied the knot on August 17, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah.

We currently live in Tucson, Arizona. We moved here after living in South Florida for five years, where Chad graduated from medical school and completed his internship year of residency. He is now working for the University of Arizona completing a three-year anesthesiology residency. I was fortunate enough to keep my job from Florida and now work remotely from home. I am the manager of advertising and communications for the business school at Nova Southeastern University.

And--most importantly--Chad and I are thrilled to be parents! Our little angel Reece was born on Jan. 26, 2010 and our handsome little Jace was born on June 30, 2011. We are so blessed to be the mom and dad of such darling and sweet kids.







Monday, July 25, 2011

July 2011 - a month of joy and craziness!

Well, July has been "one of those" months. Of course, it has been WoNdErFuL having baby Jace here. I can't believe he'll be 4 weeks old in just a few days! Below is a pretty close to chronological update of what we've been doing this month...

For starters, we celebrated the 4th of July by having sparklers with my mom and the Powells. We went to our church breakfast that morning so Reece could get out of the house and run around. It was lots of fun!






Despite our great start, the bad luck that seems to be following us around found us. My poor mom who came to help with the new baby had a horrible accident! She fell down and snapped both of her wrists, breaking BOTH her radius and ulna in BOTH wrists! Don't let the below picture fool you...she is smiling behind the pain! My mom...who didn't even cry or scream or anything when she fell...was in casts from her fingertips up above her elbows for 4 days. Then, she got the splits you see below so she could at least move her elbows and fingers....but not much because of the horrible pain. Long story short...my dad flew in to Tucson for just a few hours so he could fly home with my mom. She went back home to have surgery on both wrists. Her surgery was last Tuesday, and went well. She is now recovering...and getting VERY sick and tired of being helpless! She is anxiously waiting for her wrists to heal so that she can go back to being self reliant again. My poor mom....I feel so AWFUL that this happened to her!


Despite the bad luck with my mom, I am happy to report that Jace is doing wonderfully! He is such a cute and precious little guy. He rarely cries and is very mellow. He hasn't quite figured out how to sleep for more than 3-4 hours, but we'll get there soon! He looks like his daddy...from the hairline to his nose all the way down to his bull-legs and toes! (So, of course I think he's completely handsome!)

















Reece is such a darling big sister! She loves Jace...and especially loves to give him kisses! This month has been a whirlwind of change for her, and she has been a trooper all the way. This month she has done lots of swimming, watching Tangled on a daily basis, and going on stroller rides with mom and Jace up the canyon. She got her first haircut this month (no more Hulk Hogan mullet for her!), she started going to nursery at church, and has been enjoying summer fun in the sun! Below are some photos of her enjoying some summer treats...ice cream and corn on the cob! She is getting so grown up and big...which makes me and Chad sad! :) We absolutely love and adore both of our babies!


Above is before and below is after her hair cut!









I had to throw this picture in...because it totally cracks me up. Chad tried to dress Reece in a one-piece jumper...which he put on backwards and put both of her legs in one hole. Reece didn't know what what going on...it was hilarious! But I do have to give props to Chad...he is a great dad and such a huge help with the kids. Reece ADORES her daddy...luckily the feeling is mutual!)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just darling! I wish I could come and give you a break and help out, but you're a super star and can probably handle it way better then me :)

Leann said...

I've been thinking about you and how jealous I am that you haven't been pregnant for a whole month! I head to the doctor tomorrow to see how I'm progressing... I hope I am.
Sorry about your mom, and so glad to see that you've still had a bunch of fun with the summer. You look like you are doing great... and Jace is a heartbreaker already!