Our Story

Welcome to our blog! Here's the quick and dirty about us:

Chad and I met on our first day of college at Utah State University. We started studying together, since we were in the same math class and lived in the same apartment building. But, those late-night study sessions quickly turned into excuses to hang out together. And that's how our story began. After two years of dating, we tied the knot on August 17, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah.

We currently live in Tucson, Arizona. We moved here after living in South Florida for five years, where Chad graduated from medical school and completed his internship year of residency. He is now working for the University of Arizona completing a three-year anesthesiology residency. I was fortunate enough to keep my job from Florida and now work remotely from home. I am the manager of advertising and communications for the business school at Nova Southeastern University.

And--most importantly--Chad and I are thrilled to be parents! Our little angel Reece was born on Jan. 26, 2010 and our handsome little Jace was born on June 30, 2011. We are so blessed to be the mom and dad of such darling and sweet kids.







Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Deb's Duathlon

I ran a duathlon this last Saturday--and despite running in 90+ degree weather--it went really well! Luckily it was only a sprint distance (1.5 mile run, 11 mile bike, 1.5 mile run) so it went pretty fast. It was really fun and I ended up finishing first place in my age division and eighth place overall for the females. I was pretty intimidated at first because there were some pretty intense athletes who were competing in the race...one lady was Athlete of the Year and there were about 10 others who were National Champions (I was thinking, "What in the heck am I doing here?"). But, I was able to keep up with them pretty well, so I was happy. If only I had a faster bike...or could it maybe be that my legs didn't pedal fast enough??? Ha Ha And that second run was killer! My legs felt like bricks and were cramping up at the end. But I finished...and reached my goal to not get last place! :)

A big thanks to Chad who took care of the kiddos and cheered me on during the race--in the HOT Tucson sun no less. I am sure that was more work for him than it was for me to run the race! It was lots of fun to have a cheer squad at every transition.






1 comment:

Teryn said...

good job deb! you're my hero! :) can't wait to see you this summer!! hugs!